Thursday, February 14, 2008

Open Letter to Congress

I have recently learned of the " Merida Initiative" ( http://michellemalkin.com/2008/02/12/mexico-and-the-merida-initiative-continued/ )

Under this scheme, We American taxpayers will unknowingly be giving Mexico a 1.4 BILLION dollar aid package in order to assist Mexico in securing it's southern border.

This outrageous misuse of taxpayer monies will be given to Mexico with no oversight whatsoever. To quote Felipe Calderon, President of Mexico: “I cannot accept any submission or subordination…Give it to me. And give it to me without conditions!”

Congressmen, there is absolutely no excuse for this, since we are makng little or no effort to secure our own southern border while a literal invasion of our nation takes place! I expect you, as the Representative of the taxpayers of our District here at home, to stand on the floor of the House and verbally expose this treachery and then offer a Bill to prevent our President from advancing this scheme!

If you will not or cannot do this, I demand to know why not. There has been no debate about this Merida Initiative; there will be no oversight on how this money is spent, and we are sending it to the most corrupt nation in the Western Hemisphere! If this is not unconstitutional and downright treasonous, I'll eat my hat!!

We have had more than enough of the complete incompetence exhibited by this Congress and this President!! Taxation without representation happened once before in our history, and I don't believe we want to relive the consequences of that folly!

I expect a swift answer as this is a "no-brainer"!

No comments: