Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fear of Islam

December 11, 2007

MSNBC Senior Political Analyst admits he's afraid to criticize Islam publicly.

Lawrence O’Donnell, Jr., is MSNBC’s Senior Political Analyst and a panelist on “The McLaughlin Group.” He has won a reputation over the years for a volcanic temper, and has gained attention recently for an emotional attack on Mormonism. But will he speak out about the elements of Islam that Islamic jihadists are using to recruit and motivate terrorists? Don't hold your breath. Here he is with Hugh Hewitt, via Hot Air:


    HH: Would you say the same things about Mohammed as you just said about Joseph Smith?
    LO’D: Oh, well, I’m afraid of what the…that’s where I’m really afraid. I would like to criticize Islam much more than I do publicly, but I’m afraid for my life if I do.

    HH: Well, that’s candid.

    LO’D: Mormons are the nicest people in the world. They’re not going to ever…

    HH: So you can be bigoted towards Mormons, because they’ll just send you a strudel.

    LO’D: They’ll never take a shot at me. Those other people, I’m not going to say a word about them.

    HH: They’ll send you a strudel. The Mormons will bake you a cake and be nice to you.

    LO’D: I agree.

    HH: Lawrence O’Donnell, I appreciate your candor.


Lawrence O'Donnell is emblematic of the cowardice of the mainstream media in the face of the biggest crisis of our age. He is no different in this cowardice from virtually everyone else in the mainstream media. The only difference is that he admits it.

No comments: